Welcome to Satellite Image Download!
Do you want to view an image of your home, school or any place on Earth?
Once you download and install the software, all that will be possible. There are three main functions of the software.
Satellite Image Download
Note: the max combining size must larger than the total size of a row of images or the max combining size will be increased to that one. For example, if you set the max combing size to 1000M, but the size of a row of images is 1100M, then the max combing size will be 1100M.
When each time combined image file reach the max combining size , the combined image file will be saved and a new file will be created to continue the combining. For example, if the max combining size is 1000M and the total file size of the downloaded image files is 5500M, after combining, there will be six combined files. Since the restriction of the max size of a BMP file, the max combining size will not exceed the 4000M.
With a few steps, you can easily download the images you want.
- Enter the project name, the default project name is "myproject.sid". Or you can open the previous project by clicking the button or the "File"->"open project" menu to finish the uncompleted downloading.
- Enter the top latitude, bottom latitude, left longitude and right longitude. These four parameters define the region where you want to download the satellite images. ( if you have no idea of what these four parameters mean, you may see " parameters explanation " ) In the updated new version 1.25, you can define the region more easily with the following steps:
- In version 1.25, there's a new button on the main window , click the button to active the area defining windows.
- In the popup map window, you can use your mouse or the directional arrows to pan left, right, up and down to see areas . You can also use the zoom buttons to zoom in and zoom out.
- When you find the area where you want to download the satellite images, you can click the map to place the first mark, release and move the mouse to a new point and click to place another mark. A square appears with the two marks as the opposite corners.
- Clicking the button to return the parameters of the selected area back to the main window.
- Select the zoom value, the resolution of the image is decided by this value .The value of zoom scale is from one to twenty and the default value is thirteen.
- Select the path that you want to save the project file and downloaded images. (downloaded images will be saved to a directory created under the path and the directory name is the project name without the extension ".sid")
- Click the button to start the process of downloading. Since the difference in the area scope and the zoom scale, the downloading will last from several minutes to hours. All the images that have been successfully downloaded will be saved to the path that you've defined, each one is 256*256 in size, During the downloading, you can stop it at any time by clicking the button again, all the settings will be saved to the project file, so you may continue the downloading by opening the project in the later time.
While downloading, both the successful and unsuccessful information will be showed in the log window. When finished ,the log information will be saved to a file in the same directory where the project file is saved.
- Left Longitude : -180<value<180, in East hemisphere, the value is positive, in West hemisphere, the value is negative.
- Right Longitude: -180<value<180, in East hemisphere, the value is positive, in West hemisphere, the value is negative.
- Top Latitude: -90<value<90, in North hemisphere, the value is positive, in South hemisphere, the value is negative.
- Bottom Latitude: -90<value<90, in North hemisphere, the value is positive, in South hemisphere, the value is negative.
- Zoom scale: the image resolution is decided by this value, the bigger the value, the higher the resolution. the max zoom value is 20. (For unregistered version, the max zoom value is 13).
The followed diagram explains the area scope.
For longitude and latitude, the input measurement is degree.
1. Google Server employs a protection mechanism to keep a good quality of their service. If one makes too much requests, Google Server will add its IP address to a blacklist for a period of time.
If this happens, Satellite Images Download will show a message in log window: Maybe your IP has been banned by Google. In this condition, you will have to wait for some time to continue the downloading or change to another IP.
2. For some area, high-resolution images maybe unavailable now, so an error will occur when you try to download these images. If this happens, Satellite Images Download will show a message in log window: Maybe there is no image on this zoom scale . In this condition, you will have to reduce the zoom value. (For most areas, the max zoom value is 18)
How to view downloaded images?
Downloaded images are saved to a directory created under the path you selected and the directory name is the project name without the extension ".sid". Each file is 256*256 in size. You can view these files with a tool named "ViewImg.exe". With this tool you can browse the image files as if they were one big map.
- In the satellite image download main window click "Tools"->"View Image" menu to start the "ViewImg.exe" tool, or you can double click the "ViewImg.exe" file to start the tool which is in the same directory where the "Satellite Image Download" program exists.
- When the "View Image" window is activated, you can then click "File"->"Open project..." menu to open the project.
- When project is opened, all downloaded images will be loaded to make up a huge map, Since these maps are draggable, you can use your mouse or the directional arrows to pan left, right, up and down to see areas that are hidden offscreen, you can also use the "page up" and "page down" key to adjust the move step.
- While browsing the map, you can save the current picture to a bmp file by clicking the "File"->"save to..." menu.
How to combine small images into big image?
After downloading, you'll find that each downloaded image file is 256*256 in size. So if you want to combine these small image files into big ones, there's a soft named "combineimg.exe" that can help you.
Image combine soft : CombineImg.exe is in the install directory.
- You can run it from menu "Tools"->"Combine images... ", or double click the CombineImg.exe file in the install directory.
- When the "Combine Image" window is activated, you can then click the button to open the project.
- S elect the image name that the combined image will be saved to.
- Select the appropriate file size of the max combined image file, the default max combine image file size is 1000M.
- After all that, click the button to begin the combining.
When combining, the successfully combining information or the error information will be showed in the log window.